The minimum computer hardware requirements are...
Windows XP and Windows 2000 Professional Memory:
- Operating System: Must be running Windows XP, Windows 2000 (Professional or Server), Windows 2003, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1. Older and newer versions of Windows are not supported. Your Windows installation must be running the latest service pack available from Microsoft.
- Display Resolution: Minimum display resolution is 1024 x 768.
- Colour: All computers must support high-colour graphics (sometimes called 32 bit Colour or True Colour)
- CPU: Minimum CPU is Pentium 4 or equivalent.
- Disk: Minimum free disk space 30MB. The machine hosting the database (the Server) should have many times more space available to allow the database to expand as you store data.
Windows 2003 Server and Windows 2000 Server Memory:
- Minimum 512MB RAM. 1024MB RAM recommended
Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Memory:
- Minimum 1GB RAM. 2GB RAM recommended.
- Minimum 2GB RAM. 3GB RAM recommended.
The requirements listed above should be considered minimum requirements. Performance is dependent on many factors, including available memory (RAM), other tasks running on the computer and network performance.
- Memory: Almost always, the biggest factor in performance is available memory, and if you are experiencing a shortage of memory then you should consider the recommended sizes above or more.